Victoria Motorcycle Accident Attorney
CALL TOLL FREE: 1.800.862.1260
Motorcycles are inherently dangerous due to their low visibility and lack of protection that a single passenger car can provide.
Motorcycle accidents can be severe and should be taken seriously.
According to a Texas A&M study, Motorcyclists are 25 times more likely to be killed in an accident, and are five times more likely to sustain an injury. Furthermore, Texas has one of the highest motorcycle rates in the country, with over 8,000 reported crashes in 2015.
Fortunately, if you are in the Victoria area, a Victoria, Tx motorcycle accident attorney is waiting to take your call.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Knowing the common causes of motorcycle accidents can help prevent crashes. By knowing what to avoid, you can practice safe driving techniques that will not only protect yourself, but others on the road as well. Here are a few common causes of motorcycle accidents in Victoria, TX:
- Unsafe lane changes
- Crashes can occur when a car fails to check their blind spot before making a lane change. Motorcyclists should be aware of blinkers and cars changing lanes.
- High impact crashes at fast speeds can be extremely serious and cause critical damage.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs is a serious offense and is the cause for over 25% of crashes.
- Lane Splitting
- Lane splitting is when motorcyclists ride between two lanes of cars. This can be dangerous if a car suddenly changes lanes.
Understanding the risks of riding a motorcycle will make you a safer driver. It is important to practice safe driving techniques, such as driving sober, going the speed limit, and avoiding dangerous maneuvers.
If you have gone through a motorcycle accident, reaching out to a Victoria, Tx motorcycle accident attorney will increase your chance of receiving the settlement you deserve.
The Victoria motorcycle injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw have decades of experience representing clients throughout Texas. Trust our team to support you and fight on your behalf.
Riding motorcycles can be dangerous, and you can sustain serious injuries from a crash. Injury can be mitigated by wearing proper safety equipment, like a helmet, proper jacket and shoes, and sunglasses. These items will help protect you from injuries such as:
- Head, Neck, and Spine
- Head injuries are the most common type injury for motorcycle accidents. According to Texas Department of Transportation, in 2017, 52% of motorcyclists involved in fatal crashes were not wearing helmets. Wearing a helmet can be life saving and is the most important thing you can do.
- Road Rash
- Road rash occurs when there is an abrasion caused by contact with the road, usually from a crash. Wearing a leather jacket, long pants or chaps, and boots will protect your skin.
- Leg Injuries
- Leg injuries are another common type of injury that can occur from a crash. Motorcycles are extremely heavy and can certainly cause fractures.
These types of injuries occur everyday, even in Victoria. If you have been in a Victoria motorcycle crash, contact a lawyer in the area as soon as possible.
Ways to Mitigate Risk
There are a couple of things you can do to mitigate risk when it comes to riding a motorcycle.
- Obtain a motorcycle license
- Getting a license involves learning about motorcycle safety and includes practice riding a motorcycle.
- Wear proper protection
- The most important piece is your helmet. It is essential to wear a helmet, especially since head and neck injuries are some of the most common type of injury from an accident. Wearing long sleeves, pants, and boots will also protect you from road rash, the sun, and other elements.
- Maintain your motorcycle
- It is beneficial to check your motorcycle before each ride. Checking the brakes, lights, and tire pressure will insure that everything is running smoothly and properly.
Following these simple techniques will mitigate risk and help you have a fun and safe ride. If, however, you have been in one of the many motorcycle accidents in Victoria, there are Victoria motorcycle injury lawyers willing to work with you.